3 Top Bedroom Furniture to Transform Your Room
Your bedroom is your sanctuary, where you go at the end of the day to block out the stresses of daily life so it is important to be comfortable but also functional. Here are 3 top bedroom furniture to transform your room:
Your Bed Is the Center Piece
The bed is of course the center piece of your or your children’s bedroom. You want the bed itself to be stylish and fit well into the theme of the room. And if you have a small bedroom, unique storage options are also important.
Here are some great beds for your or your kids’ room:
- Captain’s Storage Beds. The Pine Collection “Bookcase” Captain’s beds are made of solid pine with a rich lacquer top coat. You can get the finish in honey or merlot. Because it comes with complete slat-packs you won’t need a box-spring. All the beds come with a headboard designed like a “bookcase” and comes with extra storage built into the footboard. The “Rake Collection” comes with wide slate headboard and footboard and comes with the option of a 6 drawer storage pedestal or 3 drawer storage and twin size trundle pedestal. This bed has a very natural feel to it that can fit into any style bedroom.
- Wesley Allen Iron Beds. If you are looking for something a little more sophisticated then a Wesley Allen Iron Beds might just be the ticket. The most popular Wesley Allen Iron beds include the “Dawson” which comes with a midsize ornate headboard and foot board made of soft gray iron, and the “Danbury” which comes with a higher more ornate headboard, but with a simpler footboard. The “Coventry” iron bed has more of a country feel with iron slats in the headboard and footboard while the “Chelsea” is fit for a prince or princess with little mini turrets and posts at the end instead of a full footboard. The “Aspen” is a great choice if you prefer Mission Style furniture.
- Fabric Beds and Headboards. Fabric beds and headboards are also very popular and can add a note of luxury to any room. They are a tall, rectangular, pillowed headboard that seems fit for a queen or king, and the bed comes in twin, full, queen and king sizes.
Dressers Need to Have Form and Function
Besides the bed, every bedroom needs places to store your clothes and other accessories. If you don’t have enough storage space, you might end up living in a disaster of a room with piles and piles everywhere. And we know that is not conducive to a stress-free sleeping environment.
Here are some dressers and chests of drawers that have both beautiful form and function:
- The Schoolhouse Collection. The Schoolhouse Collection comes in cherry, chocolate, pecan and white finishes making it easier to find just what you are looking for. The collection offers a 3 Drawer Chest that were built with such fine detail like English dovetail joints that you can really appreciate. It comes in 5 drawer version too if you need more storage space. Schoolhouse also offers a dresser and mirror combination. The dress has 6 drawers and both the mirror and drawers are made with the same finishes and eye to detail as the other pieces. Keep in mind though that the dresser and mirror are sold separately.
- The Highlands Collection. This collection is made of driftwood finish or espresso finish and has a more European flair. They offer a 5-drawer chest that consists of two smaller drawers over three larger drawers. This collection also features English dovetail joinery.
Carve Out a Workspace in the Bedroom
Most people like to carve out space in their bedroom to be able to do some work whether it is school work or paying bills and getting a handle on all that paperwork. If you work from home this space is especially crucial. It is so much easier to shut out all the noise and commotion of the rest of household when you work space is behind the bedroom door.
Here are some great desk options:
- Schoolhouse Collection. The Schoolhouse Collection offers a desk and chair combo in the same style and colors as their beds. They also over a desk and hutch version if you like that style better.
- Highland Collection. The Highland Collection offers a two drawer desk with plenty of work space and comes with an optional matching desk chair. This desk with the option of a driftwood or espresso finish is a very versatile piece of bedroom furniture. Another piece in the Highland Collection is the Highlands desk and hutch which are built with European drawer interior.
Add in the Little Details
While these are the big ticket items that usually go into the bedroom, don’t forget the little details. They can really add to the style and function of the room as well. Bookshelves, hampers, end tables, these are also all great additions to the bedroom creating storage options in fashionable ways. If you are creating a master suite for yourself, a lingerie chest and a dressing bench are also nice little touches. Nothing wrong with making it easy to dress in style, right?
And don’t forget that getting a good night’s sleep is the most important function of any bedroom so you want a bed and mattress that meet all your requirements, not only style but function. When you pick out your new bed, make sure to also pick out a new mattresses. Mattresses are only in good shape for about to 8 to 10 years so you should try out some new ones. Some people prefer soft cushy mattresses while others need a firmer one to have a good night’s sleep so to avoid a lot of tossing and turning on your new mattress, take your time finding the perfect fit. The staff at Harleysville Mattress will always take the time to help you find both the bed and mattress that is right for you.
For more information about the top bedroom furniture to transform your room, contact Harleysville Mattress today.