Top 5 Reasons To Shop Local
- Support your community groups and organizations: Non-profit organizations that are key to all communities receive more support from small, local businesses than larger ones.
- Reduce environmental impact: Locally owned businesses can make more local purchases. This requires less transportation of goods.
- Get better service: Local businesses often hire people with a more knowledgeable understanding of the products and services they are offering. This helps their customers have a unique and personal shopping experience and gives the employees a better understanding for the customer and their needs.
- Create more good jobs: Small local businesses are the largest employer nationally. In our community they provide the most jobs to local residents. Also local businesses are often owned and operated by people who live in the community. This makes them less likely to leave and continue to invest in the community and it’s people.
- Buy what you want, not what someone wants you to buy: A small business has the ability to choose their own products, not what a national buying plan does in larger businesses. Smaller businesses have more to offer their customers, these are products that were personally selected.
THINK LOCAL, BUY LOCAL, BE LOCAL